2/01/2007

Chapter 32

Tessa stilled and her green eyes met his blue. Her body tightened with tension this time. “I-“ she closed her eyes and tried to focus. His mouth hovered over the line of her jaw, the shallow breaths that blew hot on her skin drove her mad. “I want to be that sexy, now female that says hey I’ve got one in my drawer....”

Jon scraped his teeth over her throat, unable to help himself. His lips sought out the tiny lobe of her ear and sucked, finally tugging gently with his teeth. With every taste his cock hardened more. Each second he wanted her more and with every touch he lost a little more control.

She gripped him by the hair and pulled his mouth away from her neck. His touch was more than welcome, but she was a whisper away from losing it. She wanted him skin to skin and even more she wanted to lose herself in him again until time didn’t matter. But it did. Right now it mattered too much.

The buzzing in his brain finally receded enough for him to notice that she was pulling away. “Tessa?” His hands gripped her hips as she pressed her hands into his chest.

Her head dropped back and she fought for breath and for sanity. And when his lips returned to her neck she shivered and the moan that let free was half pleasure and half pain. “How is any woman supposed to think clearly when you touch her like that?”

His fingers slid under her shirt and cupped her breasts. “I don’t want you thinking clearly. I want to hear that little hitch in your breath when I make you come.” He brushed his thumb over the satin of her bra, pleased to find her nipple hard under his touch. “I want you naked and screaming my name again.”

“Oh fuck,” she said and shuddered.

“Oh yeah, there will be some of that.”

“But-“ her protest died when he flipped up the cup of her bra and his fingers found her nipple, rolling it and tugging until she felt an answering pull deep inside. “You didn’t bring anything, and I don’t have…” A hiccupping sob broke out of her when he dragged his tongue along her jaw line and back to her ear.

Part of her wanted to damn the consequences. The lust was enough to override common sense and she ached to feel him inside of her again. The memory of him naked and inside of her left a clawing need that edged on insanity.

Jon distantly realized she’d been talking to him, but the taste of her was better than any drug he’d ever tried. He lifted her off the desk and groaned when her arms went around his shoulders. He pushed at her skirt until finally her voice broke through the haze.

“Jon!”

His eyes met hers.

“We don’t have anything.”

He took a step back and her feet hit the floor, her hands slid down to rest on his chest. His hands dropped her waist then up to cover her hands. His chest heaved and he was pleased to see hers was much the same. “I’m sorry,” he said and lowered his mouth to hers. “I’m acting like a randy teen-ager.”

“I could be mad at you for not coming prepared, but I’m kind of glad you don’t have anything on you.”

His eyebrow winged, “Really?”

“That means you didn’t intend on going to Nashville to get laid.” She winced and dropped her gaze to his neck, then decided that was a bad idea. Especially when his adam’s apple worked and all she could think about was biting it.

“Come with me.”

“What?” her eyes darted back to his face.

“Come with me to Nashville.” It surprised him that he asked. But the impulse was dead on. He wanted her with him, wanted to share part of his life with her that hadn’t been touched by anyone before.

“I-“ Everything in her wanted to go, wanted to follow him anywhere. She closed her eyes and willed back the frustration. “God, I want to.”

Jon closed in on her, kissing her deeply. Understanding burned in his gut. He knew of responsibilities and knew even more of the importance of a job, especially when it was a passion like hers was…as his wanted to be again. He tunneled his fingers into the back of her hair where the silk was thick and short. He caught her close and pressed her face into his chest. “Damn lousy timing. I’m usually better at this sort of thing.”

“Well if you were any better I’d be dead.”

He laughed. “You know if I didn’t have to go, I wouldn’t.”

“Yeah?” she said against his chest, her cheek pressed into the fine blended cashmere.

He pressed his nose into her hair and drew in her scent. They stood there like that for a few minutes until the haze of lust finally settled into a manageable roar. He wasn’t the type of man that got distracted by personal things, particularly when his work was involved.

He smoothed his hands down her arms. “I gotta go, I’m holding up the plane as it is.”

“I hear you know the owner.”

He laughed. “That I do. I’m going to miss you.”

Tessa blew out a breath. “That goes double for me.” She rubbed over the muscles under the rich material.

He backed out of her door and ducked back in, “Tessa?”

She whirled around. “Yes?”

“Leave your cell on,” and then he was gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this, thank you! It's great now that the story is starting to develop. I agree with a comment made in one of the earlier chapters - when a relationship is that intense then in the begininning it's SOOO all about getting nekked!! I can relate to their desires!

Anonymous said...

Still cant believe he showed up unprepared - well we already knew he was no Boy Scout LOL - another great chap btw
rutpop

edgebag said...

Intense, Tara! Great chapter!

Anonymous said...

i need oxygen!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Great chapter Tara, but why did you have Jon say that Richie is stronger than him? Richie is not really strong at all. Jon is the driving force behind the band. Without him, they would not have come this far.


Following HOME