1/31/2007

Chapter 29

“Shhh!” she grabbed her best friend and dragged her inside. “Can we not announce this to the world please?”

Nichole’s dimples faded into a frown. “He didn’t tell you to keep it a secret did he?!”

“What?” Tessa dropped her purse and swore when she noticed her laptop missing. “Dammit, I left it at home. “

“He didn’t swear you to secrecy did he? The cad!”

Tessa blinked. “What are you talking about?”

“I know he must have kissed a few brain cells clear out of your head,” she said conversationally then stopped and ducked to catch her eyes. “Oh my God! Did you sleep with him?” she asked, her brown eyes nearly bulging out of her head.

Tessa snatched the coffee cup out of her hand. “No more for you,” she said and made her way to the front of the store and into the cashbox. She had no idea what to say to her best friend. She would know. She had to know already.

Nic followed her into the small box. “Oh no, first of all give me back my coffee you thief and second you cannot leave me like that. You did sleep with him.”

Tessa dropped her purse outside the door. “What’s with the interrogation?”

Nic held her shoulders square, forcing her to face her. “You look at me right now.”

Tessa tried to blank her features and stared at her friend hoping her eyes wouldn’t betray her. “What?”

“Oh my God! You soo did!”

Tessa dropped her face into her hands. “Dammit, Nic,” she muttered darkly.

“That’s wonderful! I’m so happy for you!” Nic gathered her in for a crushing hug. “I can’t believe it and I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen that ultra hot kiss in the parking lot. I swear it looked like he was going to swallow you whole. He didn’t want to let go of you.”

Tessa pulled back and winced. “Okay now I know you’re lying. No exaggerating woman, I have work to do. I’m running late.” She turned to leave, “Can you do the opening for me, I have to go to my office. We have a huge order coming in at ten and I need to get the back ready. Great thanks,” she opened and closed the door before Nic could answer.

“Don’t think that’s the last of my questions, Tessa Marie Donovan!” she shouted through the door.

Tessa leaned against the door and huffed out a breath. She knew Nic wouldn’t let it go, she just didn’t think she’d have to explain herself so soon. She hefted her purse and her coat dragging them into her office with her. She dropped into her chair and pressed her forehead onto her desk. How the hell was she going to get through the day?

She closed her eyes and a flash of memory had her jerking back in her seat. No, it was best not to go there either. If she thought about those fingers and…her body quaked just at the thought. No, she could not think about that at all or she’d be a babbling idiot for sure.

Work was what she needed. She shifted in her seat the tights she wore felt hot and confining. Her body was still recovering from the…well, assault would be a good word. For the love of George she’d never had that many orgasms in one twenty-four hour period. Hell, it hadn’t even been a full twenty-four, more like twelve hours.

Her body felt used and sore in places she didn’t think could be sore. She crossed her legs and nearly moaned at the tenderness between her thighs. She was fully aware that she was now ruined for all other men. And even if that was the case and he never touched her again, it had been worth it.

He was so much more than the musician he’d been to her before. She’d known he was generous almost to a fault, but to be on the receiving end of that kind of single minded determination still left her shaky.

The shrill ring of her phone jerked her out of the memory. She snatched it off the hook and sighed when the familiar tones of her vendor’s voice system drilled into her ear. She put the phone down, “At least the order will be on time,” she said aloud.

With whatever was left of the resolve that got her out of Jon’s bed that morning, she began her day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story just keeps getting better - thanks for sharing - as always cant wait for more
rutpop

Anonymous said...

Would you look at that - the comment that I posted on 1/31/07 still rings true today. As you can see I have started the story from the begining and even knowing where it will lead to in chptr 138 I still find myself entirely sucked in to the newness of the budding relationship. I've said it to you before Tara, this one is perfection!!!! Oh and BTW just cause I started over doesnt mean I'm not counting the moment till chptr 139 hint hint LOL.
Chris/rutpop

rutpop said...

Re-Reading and enjoying all over again. Sending you and email with more details as to how I find myself here again. :)


Following HOME